Master of Engineering Program in Mechatronics Engineering (M.Eng.)Faculty of Technical Education
OverviewStudents in the Mechatronics Engineering program, offered through the Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering Department, create intelligent devices by combining mechanical, electrical, computer, and other engineering principles. Graduates from the School of Engineering are shaping the future by designing robots for the manufacturing industry, biomedical devices, rehabilitation robots, service robots, smart vehicles, autonomous farm equipment, and much more. These devices have mechanical and electrical components, sensors, and computer software - all working together, harmoniously. As automation and robotics increase around us, so the companies need engineers with specialized knowledge of these topics. The field of Mechatronics Engineering emerged out of this need to develop the best possible design while seamlessly merging mechanical and electronics knowledge. Mechatronics Engineers have the interdisciplinary knowledge necessary to oversee the design and development of such intelligent devices from beginning to end, rather than completing mechanical, electrical and control designs separately.
The degree program in Mechatronics Engineering at RMUTT is one of only a few programs in Thailand and abroad.
Duration of Course 2 years
Language of Instruction: English
Entry requirements:Academic Requirements
- Qualification for admission: The graduates of Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Industrial Technology, Bachelor of Science in Technical Education, or related degree programs.
- Graduated from the program of Mechatronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related fields
- Applicants for master's degree programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to 2.75/4.00 grading scale.
- Bachelor’s degree transcript.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Two recommendation letters from academician. (from Associate Professor, or Professor)
- International students must have the concurrence of a University Designated School Official (DSO) charged with compliance of Immigration guidelines.
- Before starting a program, you need to have a basic knowledge of the English Language. The TOEIC/ IELTS/ TOEFL is administered in a paper format and measures your ability to use and understand English in a classroom setting at the college or university level. It accurately measures how well you can listen, read and write in English while performing academic tasks.
|English Language Requirement||Required Score|
|TOEFL – Paper Based||≥ 433|
|TOEFL – Computer Based||≥ 120|
|TOEFL – Internet Based||≥ 40|
Remark: In case of having the result of the English Language Score Test. You will receive a special consideration.
- Basic theoretical knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, English, etc.
- Basic theory of Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering.
- Competence to search the literature review, systematic thinking, and practice ability.
- Minimum GPA equivalent to 2.75/4.00 grading scale.
Total of Credit 51 Credit
1. Compulsory Courses 15 credits
|Applied Mathematics for Engineering||3||credits|
|Advanced Control Systems||3||credits|
|Industrial Robotics and Image Processing||3||credits|
|Digital Systems and Microprocessors||3||credits|
|Engineering Research Methodology||1||credit|
|Master Seminar I||1||credit|
|Master Seminar II||1||credit|
2. Elective Courses 12 credits
|Artificial Intelligence in Mechatronics System||3||credits|
|Advanced Robotics and Informatics||3||credits|
|Advanced CAD/CAM System||3||credits|
|Entrepreneurship and Quality Management||3||credits|
|Embedded System and Real-Time Digital Signal Processing||3||credits|
|Advanced Wireless Networks||3||credits|
|Probability and Stochastic Processes in Engineering||3||credits|
|Mechatronics Design and Smart Automation||3||credits|
|Advanced Topics in Mechatronics System||3||credits|