Ginger has sweet spicy taste and it is used as treatment of dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting, flu, coughs, depression, dizziness, fever, expectorant and colic. According to these qualifications, Ms. Sunsanee Chun-chun, the 4th year student, Department of
Foods and Nutrition, Faculty of Home Economics Technology, RMUTT, created Salapao with ginger flavor with her advisor, Asst. Prof Suchada Ngamprapawat.
Cooked Ingredients Procedure: Cooked Powder Salapao
The ingredients of Salapao with ginger flavor have been divided into two ingredient mixtures. The 1st ingredient mixtures are 120 g. of dough, 1.5 teaspoons of yeast and 3.5 tablespoon of water. The 2nd ingredient mixtures are 75g of dough, one
teaspoon of baking powder, 35g of granulated sugar, 20g of white butter, half-teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of ginger water.
Cooked Powder Procedure
1. Mix dough, yeast and water, massage it and leave it until it doubles in size.
2. Mix the dough, baking powder, granulated sugar and knead it. Pour water, put dough (the 1st ingredient mixture part), put white butter and massage it until it is mixture well. Finally, leave mixed powder for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the mixed powder. Its weight is 20g per each and its total number of Salapao is 18 huddles. After that, wrap with cooked ingredients and leave them until they double in size or around 30 minutes. Then, stream them with boiling water
approximately 10 minutes.
Cooked Ingredients Procedure: Ginger fired with chicken
1) 100g of chicken 2) 25g of young ginger 3) 50g of wood ear fungus 4) 50g of allium cepa 5) 2 tablespoons of sauce 6) 1 tablespoon of water 7) 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
Cooked Powder Procedure
1. Clean chicken, young gingers, wood ear fungus and allium cepa, and cut them into small cubes.
2. Pour cooking oil into a pan and put young gingers and allium cepa in. Until it smells good then follow by putting in the chicken, wood ear fungus and fill with the sauce. When it is well cooked, cool and use it as ingredients in order to wrap it by
Salapao cooked powder.
Salapao can be kept in the freezer and warm it with the microwave. Then it is ready to eat. If any interested, please contact Asst. Prof Suchada Ngamprapawat, Tel 08-9526-7598.
Translated by Suraporn Onputtha
CookSalapao, GingerFlavor, Procedure